Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Candy Crush Craze!

 


I was sitting in the D express train during rush hour the other day just minding my own business trying to get home. After a long day I just want to listen to music and do a mindless, but fun activity. Sure, I could read, in fact, I used to. That was until I became a candy crush addict. "Hi, my name is Mary, and I have been addicted to Candy Crush for about 7 months now. Some levels are easier than others, but I work through it everyday." I joke, but I think I might have a problem. The good news is I'm not alone, there are about 45 MILLION PEOPLE who are addicted to this game!!! (Slate.com) I am using addicted a bit loosely here. if you play Candy Crush, you are an addict.
Being on level 154 (it's a real doosey- you've been warned), I consider myself an expert. If you need any tips, email me. ;) But, yet again, I distress.
So as I'm in my candy crush coma, I look up through the crowd in hopes I haven't missed my stop, and notice the gentlemen on either side of me are also playing candy crush! I laugh to myself. This app has taken over! Not only were three strangers sitting in a row all playing this addicting game, but who knows how many countless others just in my car were playing it as well.
So, while myself and fellow train riders could be resting, reading, or catching up on emails, I'm perfecting my puzzle and problem solving skills. Yep, that's right in order to rid my guilt I'm turning Candy Crush into a brain exercise. But hey, who's to say it's not.
So, I ask you... What level are you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment