Monday, February 10, 2014

#SuccessfulAppProblems: Flappy Bird

If you are someone who was looking for a new game because your Candy Crush has cobwebs and is so 2013, then you probably downloaded Flappy Bird. If you haven't, you missed out on angry rants and truly wanting to throw your phone at the brick wall in your apartment. Oh, that doesn't sound appealing? Well, I guess you are just great then, aren't you? I apologize, that was rude. The side effects of Flappy Bird are anger problems and thumb spasms.

Yesterday, the creator of the app removed Flappy Bird from the Apple and Android app stores. Why, you may ask? Well, according to Dong Nguyen, the app was ruining his simple life.



Is it just me or does this upset anyone else? I am not upset the app was been deleted. I would be alright if I never play that game again. I am angry that Ngugen is whining about his success. So many people have tried to create something that would be received the way Flappy Bird has been and Nguyen beat the odds, but now he can't handle the pressure? How terrible it must be to have all this pressure of a successful application that is loved (hated) by thousands and brings in about $50,000 in ad revenue per day! (Techcrunch.com)


This situation rivals the First World Problems hash tag that was become widely popular. I think a new tag trend is in the works: #SuccessfulAppProblems.

No comments:

Post a Comment